You can spend–throw away?–a ton of money buying meal replacement shakes, subscription meal plans, nutritional supplements, prescription drugs, even weight loss surgery.
But understand these 5 basic principles and you can enjoy weight loss rapidly, effortlessly, and inexpensively. It does NOT involve cutting calories, reducing fat, extreme exercise, certainly not drugs or procedures. It applies simple logic and recent science to craft a hugely effective way to lose weight.
1) Cutting calories is useless–Yes, you can lose weight upfront, but the reduction in metabolic rate that develops over time will cause you to regain the weight. This is an effect that can persist for years, eradicating your ambitions to lose weight.
2) Cutting fat and/or calories sets you up to develop gallstones. We now know this from studies in which the gallbladder was visualized with ultrasound over time. People following low-calorie or low-fat diets develop gallstones at a shocking rate.
3) Everything in moderation sets you up to fail because it means that you are still including foods that provoke insulin and stimulate appetite.
4) Gliadin-derived opioid peptides from wheat and related grains keep you hungry, causing you to battle hunger and cravings. Removing them sets you free and puts you back in control of appetite and impulse.
5) Taking steps to reduce insulin allows fat to be mobilized from fat stores. This involves correction of common nutritional deficiencies: vitamin D, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, and iodine, as well as efforts to cultivate healthy bowel flora.
These are strategies that cost little, don’t involve silly prescription drugs, certainly do not involve medical procedures.
The post “5 things I wish I knew before I spent a lot of money on a weight loss program!” appeared first on Dr. William Davis.